Pages

Sunday 26 March 2017

I want to go to Chipmunks again!

I'm so excited! One pouring Sunday, my mum, dad, brother and I hopped quickly in our small red car to go to chipmunks for my brother's and cousin's birthday celebration.


It was far away in Pakuranga which meant that it was going to be a long drive. So I put on my seat belt and we drove off. It was a long drive so I turned on the radio and listened to some peaceful music.


When we got there, I unbuckled my seat belt speedy and I ran into Chipmunks where I saw my relatives. I saw my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandpas and grandmas.


I also saw two delicious birthday cakes. One for my brother and another one for my cousin.  Two of the cakes were chocolate and the both cakes were shaped as superheros. One of the cakes was iron man and the other cake was hulk.


A while later, my family and I went into a small room that was filled with heaps of yummy food. It is where we are going set up the party. So I put the cups and the plates around the table while my mum was getting the food ready. Then everyone came in and sat down to get ready to sing the happy birthday song.


Then it was time to dig in. There were sausages, chips, nuggets, chickens, tacos, potatoes and much more. I ate and ate until I was full. All the dishes were very delicious.


After our meal, I played in the play area. First I went to a gigantic blue slide. I climbed up the ladder quickly to get to the top of the slide. Then I slid all the way to the bottom on my back.


Later on II went to the playground. There were obstacle courses set up and it was tricky ones. However I didn't give up because I kept on trying and I finished the course surprisingly fast.


Then I went to the last game called Ball pit. There was a gun (a safe toy gun which shoots out balls) used in this game. There were two teams, a blue team and a red team. I shot the other team and soon they surrendered.


Unfortunately before we realised, it was getting day so I waved goodbye and headed to the car. When I got home, I fell on the bed and had a big sleep.


My favourite part of the day was when I was at the ball pit. I liked it because it was like a shooting and I really enjoy shooting game.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our writing.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use adverbs and descriptive language to describe my day at Chipmunks.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Xavier,I really like how you explained the day out at Chipmunks in detail. Kai pai Xavier. By Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.