Pages

Monday 9 December 2019

Summer Learner Journey, Day 2.

For day 2 summer learner journey we are to make similes. Here are my similes shared in a story.....

I collapsed over the fence that marked my property, stumbling onto my knees like a dead fly. I turned around facing the fence, my bolstering veins beating louder than any drum could imagine. There stood a fierce intimidating dog, it's face stern like a scrunched paper. The dog maneuvered back slowly as if it were reversing like a car, still keeping an eye contact. I stood up shaken like a bottle of juice. The dog came to a sharp halt. Then, the ever so teasing puzzle was solved. It was too late. The dog ran towards the fence and pounced over it like a kangaroo. Like a scared fish running from a shark, I ran into my bunker like house, where I slammed the door shut, relieved and calm. A growl in the kitchen made me turn. What? there can't be a dog in my kitchen. Is my security that bad. My life is as bad as a horror filmImage result for car clipartImage result for dog clipart

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Xavier,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before? This year I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs, last year I was in the Kaikohekohe cluster. So this is my second year with the Summer Learning Journey! I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. What do you like doing in summer?

    WOW! I am really impressed that I had to show my cluster manager and peers this post. You have written an incredibly detailed post using your similes. My favourite similes you created was ‘I stood up shaken like a bottle of juice’. You have also highlighted in bold your similes which I really appreciate.


    I am really looking forward to reading all your blog posts :) Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Xavier!

    Just a friendly reminder that the Summer Learning Journey programme has already started, therefore you can now stop with your teaser week blogs and go straight into week 1. You will be able to get points for week 1 onwards, so you can be in to win some awesome prizes!

    Here is the link to get you started:
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities?authuser=0

    Really looking forward to reading your blog posts!

    Ngā mihi,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.