Pages

Sunday 21 May 2017

Now I can walk to my grandma's house!

One dusky Saturday, my mum, cousin, uncles, aunts, brother and I went to my grandma's new house to have a celebration.


My grandma's new house wasn't far away from my house, so we walked there. Once we got there, I walked up the stairs and knocked on the big blue door. My grandma quickly came to the door and said, "Hello! Come inside and I'll put on a movie for you guys."


It was a two storey house. It was spacious and extremely high of the ground. There were two small bathrooms, three big bedrooms, a giant living room, a spacious garage and a back area to play in. After a tour of the house, I went inside and sat on the couch went inside and sat on the enormous couch.


I watched "Kung Fu Panda" and it was about a panda who knows really good Kung Fu. He defends his village from villains who tries to destroy it. However he doesn't fight solo, he fights with the Furious Five (a group of animal who does awesome Kung Fu). I really enjoyed the movie.


Then my cousin came into the living room and said, "Wanna play Hide and seek? your uncles and aunts are playing as well as me!" I agreed straight away and everyone joined us in playing Hide and seek.


One of my uncles demanded to be in so the rest of us hid from him. I hid in a shelf in a closet. It was so shadowy that I couldn't see anything and I could only feel the clothes in the closet. Then I heard, "Ready or not, here I come!" I quickly zipped my mouth and sat in the closet quietly.


Soon I heard my uncle call out, "Found you" and then I heard my aunt say, "I hid in a bad spot." So I guess my uncle found her.  Then I heard someone enter the room that I was in and they opened the closet door and said, "Found you!"  I got such a scare. After I stood up and I went searching for the others.


On the bright side I was the second one to be found so I wasn't the seeker in the next round.  (The rule of the game is that whoever is  found first is the seeker for the next round) We played man more games of hide and seek until we decided to call it a day.


After a while, grandma said it's dinner time and everyone came to the table to eat. I said the food grace and we ate. After that we enjoyed our scrumptious food. I had a hot dog and it was very yummy and also had some chips which were very hot. I had so much fun at my grandma's house.

My favourite part was when we played hide n seek. I liked it because it was entertaining and a bit scary at the same time.

Learning Intention: We are learning to add descriptive language in our writing.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives, verbs, adverbs, metaphors and idioms in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.