Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

Do you know how to play netball?

I can’t wait! Today is Friday the 6th of May 2016 and my class and I went to the top court at St Patrick’s School for our first Netball session.


We had two netball coaches Tina and Mark. Tina said that we could call her T for short. The first activity that we had was we shared our name, age and what we wanted to be when we grow up. I want to be a brave astronaut. We warmed up by running the length of the court.


Then we did some lunges, we crouched down, then up and took a step forward to stretch our legs. I felt like a turtle because it took a long time. Tina gave us a netball and we had to pass the ball to each other. We chest passed the ball to each other without dropping it because if we drop the ball, we had to start again from the beginning. It took us a few tries but at the end we did it perfectly.


Next we hopped on one leg, folded our arms and had to try and knock our partner off balance. The person who gets knocked, has to land with both of their legs. My partner won two times in a row. Then we switched and had a new partner.


In the next exercise, we passed the ball to our partners and step back each time we threw the ball. My partner and I had trouble catching the ball, but we got better the more we practised. After that, we had to go into a group of three and one of us had to chest pass to the person on the right side (which meant that he had to  pass diagonally to the right). It was hard for us but we had fun learning the activity.


Lastly my class got into three lines and we passed the ball to the left line and ran to join the line on the right side of us. We repeated this for a little whole. At the end of the session, we decided to give our class a team name called rock solid.

I was really tired at the end but I had a lot of fun. My favourite part was when we went in a group of three. I enjoyed it because we learnt a lot of Netball skills.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount: orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion of my first Netball session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.