Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

I can't wait to go to the art gallery again!

I'm so excited! On Sunday, my mum and I got up at seven o’clock in the morning to attend the mass at St. Patrick’s church.


We took our time and caught the bus at 8:20am. Unfortunately our bus was late so we were late for church. When I hopped on the bus, I noticed that there were a few people on it already. We decided to sit at the front of the bus.


When we were close to our destination, I pressed the button to signal the driver to stop the bus at the next bus stop. I scanned my bus card at the machine to tag off. When we have finally reached church, we heard Father Michael talking, so we walked into church quickly and quietly. Then my mum and I saw my aunt, cousin and grandma. We both sat with them and listened to Father.


When mass ended, my mum and I went to holy communion. We showed our homework to the teacher and said a karakia. Then we sang a song called “God is”. After that, we talked about our goals journeying with God.


After Sunday school, my mum, cousin and I caught a double-decker bus and we sat at the top of the bus to go the city so that we could visit the Auckland Art Gallery. We went to the South America Space to look at the Dream Exhibition. We also met up with my mum’s friend. We got wristbands to put on and a map to show us where to go around the gallery.  We walked up the stairs and went into the first room. There were pictures of old artists and videos. Next we went to a room labelled,  “Silent Art Work”. There was only a video of a boy brushing his teeth with a loud noisy background.


Image result for pickaxeThe next room had  three sculptures of three people. One was holding a drill, another one was holding a hammer and the last one was holding a pickaxe. My favourite sculpture was the one with the pickaxe because he was posing like he's mining something. I also saw a book on the table with pictures. They were pictures of houses, people and stars that were drawn by a famous artist.  


Then there was a hallway which led to a place for people who had wristbands. We had wristbands so we were allowed to take a look. When we first walked inside, we saw masks that looked like monkeys. My favourite mask was coloured black and I liked it because it had a mirror where when you looked into the eyes of the mask, you could see the reflection of your eyes.


Then in the second room, there was a small fountain that was made out of real clean dog bones. On the right of the room, there were a lot of beads and they formed the shape of a tongue. While we were looking at it, a man walked in and said that there will be a lady performing in ten minutes.


We were quite far away from where the performance was going to be so we rushed to get there. We made it just in time and we saw a lady in a blue dress dancing.  When the dance ended, she asked everyone to stand up and dance with her. I was a bit embarrassed because I'm not very good at dancing but it was a lot of fun.
After a little while, I asked my mum for permission to play in the kids room and she said, “Yes.” There were blocks that we could use to build with in the kids’ room. I built a tower and it was blue and tall. Soon we had to go back to my mum and her friend because the day was about to end. So my mum, her friend and my cousin caught the elevator down to the first floor and walked to the train station which was two streets away.


When we got off the train, we said, ‘“Bye!” to my mum’s friend and caught the bus to my aunt's house to drop off my cousin.  Then we finally caught the bus home.

My favourite part of the day was when I played in the kids’ room because I liked it because my tower looked really awesome.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adverbs and adjectives to describe my weekend at the Auckland Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.